Mechanical Engineer 3
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer 3
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for a Mechanical Engineer with specialty in noise, vibration control.
- Evaluate audio fidelity on computer devices when speaker audio playback cause audible rattling and vibration.
- Determine sources of vibration and recommend solutions to improve audio fidelity on computer devices.
- Develop FEM/BEM models of the vibration to allow design optimization of materials used to mitigate fidelity impacts due to vibration.
- MS or PhD or 10-15 years of experience in vibration noise control in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in root cause analysis of vibration issues and mitigation techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines and influence as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience dealing with vibration and rattle control in audio systems.
- Experience with Artemis and evaluating subjective noise and rattle impacts
- Experience running noise and vibration tools including: Polytec, shakers, etc.
- Experience with ACTRAN or LMS and modeling systems
- Experience in modelling vibration systems and materials or means to mitigate vibration
- Ideal candidate has experience with laptop and keyboard noise
- Ideal candidate also has experience in sound design for switches, buttons, trackpads, etc
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.