Mechanical Engineer 2
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Mechanical Engineer:
- Develop, design, and implement mechanical solutions for camera modules. Including ME tasks related to design and evaluation of camera modules:
- Generate detailed 2D/3D drawings of camera modules in ProE/Creo
- Perform TA of camera modules and implementation into product enclosures
- Identify mechanical CTFs for camera modules relative to camera fit into product enclosures
- Manage constraints in space, time, cost, manufacturing, structural integrity, and thermal loads
- Direct and coordinate mechanical engineering and manufacturing services as required
- Develop project documentation including specifications, 3D CAD models, 2D drawings, schedules and presentations to capture and communicate the mechanical design to achieve the defined project goals.
- BS, MS or PhD in ME required and/or
- 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a must.
- Requires strong design skills, managing through ambiguity, and technical problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in PTC Creo or Wildfire strongly desired.
- Proficiency in statistical tolerance analysis strongly desired.
- Excellent project management, communication and teamwork skills required.
- Demonstrated ownership of multiple sub-systems and/or a complete simple product and/or experience launching multiple moderately complex to complex consumer electronic products
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.