Mechanical Engineer 2
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer 2
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with the Industrial Design team. Primary responsibilities include working with Industrial Designers, Mechanical Engineers and Tooling Engineers, to develop world-class computer hardware products. The deliverable of the Mechanical Engineer is the development and execution of 3D data created using Creo (Pro/Engineer) CAD software. Development includes the enhancement of existing products as well as the development of new product designs and concepts.
The Mechanical Engineer will be an intelligent, competent individual with integrity and accountability that works well in a team environment. He/she will be highly motivated, competitive, self-confident and attracted to challenging opportunities within a rapidly growing environment. He/she will possess strong written and verbal communication skills. He/she will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work with a highly creative team.
- Working with the Industrial Design, User Experience, Mechanical Engineering and Tooling Engineering teams in the development of digital models ranging from rough concepts and prototypes to final surface models.
- Understanding and supporting mechanical engineering, tooling, and manufacturing requirements, while bringing design intent through to production.
- Providing necessary information to hard modelers to develop physical appearance prototype models.
- Participating in the creative development of new concepts and the evolution of existing concepts in development.
- Meeting design deliverable schedules as required to support our fast-paced product development process.
- 5+ years industry experience in the development of Class-A, organic, C2 continuous surface models using Creo (Pro/Engineer) CAD software.
- 5+ years industry experience working 1: 1 with Industrial Designers in the “ Art-To-Part”
- Technical experience with mechanical engineering, tooling, and manufacturing of consumer products.
- Solid grasp of Creo advanced surfacing techniques.
- Top-Down Design / skeleton modeling expertise.
- Additional 3D modeling software experiences a plus.
- Qualified candidates will have experience in scheduling, will be well organized and have the ability and commitment to meet tight design schedules.
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping; 3D printing and CNC model development a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.