Mechanical Engineer - Antenna
Vancouver, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Vancouver Washington for an experienced Mechanical Engineer including:
- 4+ years’ experience in Antenna/RF Mechanical Design and Manufacturing.
- Understanding of Mechanical Design Principles, the ability to improve current designs, an understanding of drafting principles, dimensioning and tolerancing as it relates to Antenna and RF industry. Required technical knowledge includes product design, working knowledge of material selection including metals and non-metals and technical knowledge of design software, such as SolidWorks. Possess an understanding of component manufacturing techniques, such as injection molding, machining and assembly; the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team. Knowledge of Antenna Manufacturing and Design is required.
- Experience with designing and testing RF products. Design of custom calibration standards. Must be able to assist the production line by making jigs, fixing machines when needed and must be able to operate 3D printers, LPKF, CNC and Milling machines. Must be proficient in PowerPoint and Excel to generate reports and maintain equipment, provide data for quality system process.
- Design, evaluate and test new products
- Support customers on antenna projects from R&D phase through mass production. Responsible for modeling and tradeoffs for critical mechanical design parameters.
- Work closely with RF Design engineers to ensure that electrical design intent is captured in robust, manufactural product designs.
- Provide plant support on new and existing designs, including resolution of quality issues.
- Create and maintain documentation forms such as ECNs, AVLs, and BOMs.
- Provide timely updates of critical project information to customers and internal departments
- Perform design calculations and platform/material selection
- Conduct lab evaluations of design
- Prepare drafting designs and related documentation
- Interface to global proto and production material suppliers
- Brainstorming possible structures and manufacturing methods
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Other duties as required
- Work with Program Manager to ensure cost targets are achieved and cost analysis is accurate
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.