Mechanical Engineer (Direct)
Sunnyvale, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Sunnyvale, CA
Our client is the leader in low-volume liquid handling for the life sciences. They use acoustic droplet ejection technologies to provide highly accurate, fully automated, non-contact dispensing down to 2.5 nanoliters. This green technology provides significantly better analytical results while saving money.
Our client’ s product line’ s ‘ touchless’ technology provides dramatically better answers by eliminating pipette tips and the adsorption of compounds during transfer, while saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in decreased consumables. Accuracy is maintained from first drop through last for a wide variety of fluids, including many considered intractable by other techniques. Our client’ s award-winning Echo liquid handlers and laboratory automation solutions are used in all of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies, as well as in leading academic and research institutions worldwide. They have broad applications including the fields of drug discovery, compound management, genomics, proteomics, synthetic biology, and next generation sequencing preparation, cell encapsulation, mass spectrometry and cell transfer.
We are seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer, who can apply innovative mechanical design solutions to various product development challenges within our fast-paced R&D department.
- Support existing designs and actively participate in the design of next generation mechanical systems; consisting of mechanical components, mechanisms, motion systems, product level and electrical module packaging, pneumatics, fluidic systems, and laboratory consumables
- Performing tolerance-stack, modal, and structural analysis
- Hands-on physical assembly, alignment and testing of mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Take ownership of all documentation for created designs; including drawings, Bill of Materials, specifications, data sheets, and ECOs
- Provide similar design documentation support for other engineers within the group
- Manage native CAD and drawing files within SolidWorks EPDM
- Manage BOMs within Arena PLM software
- Collaborate with other team members, and record key information using Atlassian Confluence software
- Generate, support, and participate in relevant Engineering Design Reviews
- 4+ years’ designing mechanical components and assemblies for similar life science products, or capital equipment
- Experience in low to mid volume product design
- Solid understanding of PLC product development processes
- Good communication skills and possess a winning team attitude.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong mechanical engineering and design background, related to product design.
- Strong understanding of the mathematics/physics that support your design solutions
- Experience in stage and or mechanism design and related motion analysis
- Detailed knowledge of, and extensive experience using, SolidWorks; to generate CAD models, assemblies, drawings, and perform basic design analysis
- Highly proficient using SolidWorks EPDM; vault management is a plus
- Proficient generating and maintaining good engineering documentation
- Experience using PLM systems; proficient use of Arena PLM is a plus
- Familiarity with common engineering materials, finishes and fabricating techniques is expected
- Castings, sheet-metal, plastics, reaction injected molding or other molding processes
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams (Electronics, Software, and Manufacturing)
- Good communication skills and work well within a team environment.
- Comfortable working in an environment of change and innovation
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate