Mechanical Design Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for an exceptional Mechanical Design Engineer who can work in an integrated product team environment focused on transitioning research oriented antenna projects to structured engineering designs ready for manufacturing with full documentation and engineering specific configuration management traceability.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design principles including mechanical fastening, structural bonding, and electronics packaging.
- Strong understanding of thermal, shock, vibration, and humidity analysis of mechanical parts.
- 3D Solid Modeling of machined and/or plastic injection molded parts
- Familiarity with RF and microwave design principles & materials including waveguide design & packaging of RF components
- Part and assembly modeling & detailing
- Drawing creation for parts and assemblies including GD&T
- Familiarity with printed circuit board design, materials, and processes
- Familiar with engineering configuration management processes & tools, BOM, ECN, ECO, etc.
- Familiar with structural finite element analysis
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment including outside vendor communication
- Able to manage time effectively in a multitasking environment
- Strong nature and experience in communicating and crossing over groups real time for clarification and alignment in a fast paced environment (using all media)
- 5+ years of technical knowledge related to 3D CAD design & simulation tools. Solidworks preferred.
- ASME Y14.5 - 2009 Standard for GD&T
- Ability to communicate information using standard Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Office, Power Point, Project and Visio.
- Ability to use company-wide tools and systems to execute the key duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in mechanical design.
- Additional experience in Automotive, RF & Microwave industry is highly desirable.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or greater
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.