Mechanical Design Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. As a Mechanical Engineer you will be supporting multiple high volume consumer electronics development programs and reporting to the ME Manager / Director. You will play a key role in ensuring product designs are best in class and help drive adoption of cutting edge technologies, materials and process. In addition, you will be part of an energetic team that values teamwork and strives to ensure the highest quality hardware.
- Assessing product design needs and develop/implement plans for new part designs. This includes design boundary condition investigation, supplier selections, space needs and layout requirements to meet the design objective
- Work closely with team of Mechanical Engineers to assist with top down design architecture, perform detailed 3D part design, and/or 2D detailed drawings.
- Rapid prototyping for early evaluation of design concepts
- Manage mechanical bill of materials
- Mechanical design of FPC / FFC / PCB
- Plan, prepare and perform mechanical tests, e.g., stress, thermal, shock, vibration, hardness, cycle, impact, etc., leveraging reliability teams where appropriate
- Verify product maturity per test plans and conduct analysis of device architecture for potential design, assembly & process related weaknesses
- Work with engineering teams to conduct advanced root cause and risk analysis evaluations
- Document and present test results to internal customers, along with risk mitigation recommendations
- BSME or equivalent
- Five years minimum hands on experience
- Expert in PTC Creo (Wildfire) or equivalent mechanical CAD software
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly iterate multiple design concepts through a combination of analysis and rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated capability managing mechanical bill of materials
- Knowledge of FPC / FFC / PCB design and manufacturing requirements along with demonstrated ability to interface with EE designers
- Excellent knowledge of materials and manufacturing process
- Excellent knowledge of hardware testing
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize own work
- Ability to coach and mentor others as well as take direction
- A practical and creative mindset
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.