Mechanical Design Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
Performs engineering work in the development and design of new medical devices. Work includes the design, conceptualization, detailed CAD design, tooling, prototype development, documentation, testing and evaluation of mechanical and/or electromechanical devices or systems. Performs design modifications. Coordinates major segments of complex projects to meet cost and time objectives. Reviews design and documentation to ensure compliance with design criteria and standards. Conducts feasibility studies, determines manpower and cost estimates, and develops engineering criteria.
- Designs and analyzes mechanical parts and systems, equipment and packaging.
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- May direct support personnel in design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Provides input to schedules and coordinates major segments of complex projects to meet cost and time objectives.
- Prepares detailed design documentation to ensure compliance with design criteria and standards.
- Develops and documents design requirements
- Create Change Requests and Change Orders for mechanical changes and coordinate their release.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of applicable experience
- Experience with Solid Modeling Design tools, ProEngineer Creo preferred
- Experience with drawing dimensioning and tolerances
- Experience working with external suppliers to bring parts to production
- Knowledge of leading edge materials and manufacturing technologies
- Experience with PLM systems, Windchill preferred
- Experience with electromechanical packaging including PCBA and EMI
- Experience with injection molding, casting, sheet metal, cable design and fabrication processes
- Experience with FEA or other analysis tools for stress and thermal
- Experience with tolerance analysis
- Experience with Design for Reliability, Manufacturing and Service
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma or other statistics based development methodologies
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.