Manufacturing Development Engineer
Menlo Park, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Manufacturing Development Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Development Engineer. Individual will be a key member of cross-functional product development teams, leading activities associated with process development and design transfer. The individual will be responsible for directing the development team in areas such as Additive Manufacturing, Design for Manufacturability, COGS reductions, process control/characterization, documentation, validation and production support. Additionally, the individual will serve as a technical interface with key suppliers.
- Establish design transfer requirements and timelines
- Perform in-depth process development / statistical analysis
- Independently design experiments, develop protocols, perform process validations and data analysis, draw conclusions and communicate results
- Design/selection Equipment for manufacturing processes
- Establish process flow and production line layouts
- Act as the Operations representative on cross-functional product development teams
- Train assemblers, technicians, and engineers on new processes
- Present technical reviews of projects to cross-function teams
- Occasional travel, as needed, to work with equipment and component suppliers
- Ability to work in a team environment - strong in communication and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with medical device design control requirements
- Hands-on individual with demonstrated process development experience
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans
- Attention to detail in process characterization and documentation
- Ability to identify critical process parameters and apply statistics to process measurement and control (Design of Experiments)
- Ability to develop and execute process validations
- Ability to use Solidworks to model/modify components and assemblies
- Ability to solve problems using structured methods. Experience breaking down high level (e.g. device level) performance issues into addressable action items.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or related engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device manufacturing environment
- Experience preferred with any/all of the following software: MS-Office, MS-Project, Rhino, Grasshopper, Python, GeoMagic Control, LabView, MatLab, 3DManage, Solumina, QAD, Omnify
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.