Bellevue, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Machinist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington for an experienced Machinist.
- Under general supervision, constructs precision prototype instruments, devices, parts, models, jigs, fixtures, dies, and device assemblies from raw stock and purchased materials.
- Assist in the design and modeling of instruments, parts, devices, tooling, jigs, fixtures, and assemblies for, and in support of, engineers, customers, and potential other manufacturers.
- Under general supervision, assemble, test, and evaluate devices both procured and manufactured as required to assure function and appearance to the customer’ s final requirements.
- Interface with and works with general supervision doing engineering on the designs and design feasibility of machined, molded, cast parts, and assemblies.
- Use knowledge of materials to help select and advise customers and engineers of the right type of materials to be used.
- Using CAD system, designs parts and tooling, and creates assemblies to prove out designs.
- Using CAD system, generates drawings to be used in manufacturing.
- Works from CAD models, blueprints, and sketches to manufacture parts and create assemblies.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Prefer experience using Solidworks/CAM Works in design and programming work, but experience with other CAD/CAM systems may qualify.
- Perform programming, set-up, and operation of CNC machining centers, and CNC lathes.
- Experience with CNC EDM also very desirable.
- Prefer experience performing welding of lead-free TIG/MIG, arc and gas welding, soldering, brazing, sintering, and other bonding techniques is desirable.
- Be responsible for materials selection, forming limitations, joining and sealing methods, finish, and planning timely completion of work.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.