Linux System Admin
San Francisco, California | Contract
Position Title: Linux System Administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Francisco California for an experienced Linux Systems Admin:
- Manages, administers and operates Linux servers in Innovative production environment, in support of Innovative' s 24x7x365 high-availability service level commitment to customers.
- Performs OS installation, support, performance tuning, monitoring, applying service packs, upgrades, etc.
- Performs Linux OS upgrades and patching to meet compliance requirements.
- Administers VMware including host installation and configuration, guest provisioning and maintenance activities.
- Develops and uses automation using Chef/Puppet/perl/shell/aws cli scripts for storage, archiving, and backup, as well as general Linux system administration processes.
- Works with system hardware vendors for ongoing support issues, release schedules, fix-packs and general system administration issues.
- Manages archiving and backup technologies to efficiently and effectively support Innovative data retention requirements.
- Provides end user support for system infrastructure (server and networks).
- Proactively monitors server systems (e.g. uptime, failover, anti-viral, anti-spamming, etc.).
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 5 years of related Information Technology experience required
- 5+ years of combined experience Linux technologies, with experience leading related programs and projects
- Strong scripting and automation capabilities
- Strong Linux experience. (5 + years )
- Chef, Ansible, Perl, Python and Ruby programming skills required.
- Knowledge of IT security best practices
- Technical capabilities in the IT infrastructure design space
- Technical skills in multiple IT disciplines
- Core Windows, Linux and IT technologies: Active Directory, DNS, Network file sharing, server OS deployment and configuration, PowerShell, virtualization, system hardening, and security patch management
- VMWare and associated virtualization products.
- Knowledge of server hardware architecture;
- Passion for learning new things, building relationships and working on a team
- Ability to create, socialize and own metrics demonstrating status and performance
- Thrives in an iterative environment where there are many moving parts
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.