Lead ITAM Process Analyst
Plano, Texas | Contract
Position Title: Lead ITAM Process Analyst
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Plano, TX.
The ITAM Process Analyst must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- Asset life cycle management (whether digital technology, information, financial or physical assets) best practice and governance
- Digital technology asset life cycle management processes and supporting tools and services
- Policy and process development and implementation
- Technology contracts and their likely cost implications through the technology asset life cycle
- Engagement with procurement, legal, tax and accountancy advisors for additional information
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations
- Data processing, analysis and quality management tools
The ITAM Process Analyst will:
- Ensure that appropriate resources (people, tools, services) and processes are in place to gather and analyze data relating to digital technology asset life cycles and related processes.
- Assist the CIO and IT leaders in developing effective ITAM strategies, policy, approaches and practices across the full range of digital technology assets used within the organization.
- Develop reporting on remediation of digital technology asset-related risks and progress of optimization activity.
- Gather data on and provide analysis of all activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of digital technology asset life cycles.
- Provide finance with the data to support the analysis of digital technology asset project and maintenance budgets and business cases.
- Assign responsibilities for sub disciplines such as software asset management (SAM), hardware asset management (HAM) and IT asset disposition (ITAD).
- Ensure that ITAM-related tools and services are properly evaluated, selected, implemented, configured and maintained, with appropriate integration with other sources of organizational data.
- Supervise the organization' s response to software vendor license compliance audits or license validation requests, in consultation with the relevant vendor and procurement managers, software asset manager and other appointed delegates.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
The following experience is considered essential:
- A senior management role including engagement with procurement, business stakeholders and frontline operational IT staff
- Prior ITAM roles (hardware or software) or demonstrable experience of working with IT asset management professionals to deliver ITAM capability and improved business outcomes
- 10 years of experience with IT, enterprise asset management or information management
- 8 years of demonstrated leadership experience building cross-organizational consensus with exposure to technology providers and/or business clients
- Experience with building business requirements for digital technology tools and services, developing business cases and selecting solutions using RFP documentation and processes
- Experience leading system or tool implementations with responsibility for verifying capabilities, outputs, dependencies and implementation scope
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification required. Advanced training in ITIL service operations ITIL Expert Certification desired.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. ITIL certification as noted above required.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment and logic in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.