Laboratory Manager / Equipment Lead Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Laboratory Manager / Equipment Lead Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for an experienced Laboratory Manager to run the state of the art laboratory facilities in development of advanced optics technologies. You will be responsible for all aspects of the laboratory operations to guarantee safe and efficient working environment for the research staff.
- Maintain laboratory equipment performance by participating in definition of operating procedures, establishing quality standards, troubleshooting issues.
- Work with equipment suppliers to establish proper maintenance procedures and schedules, negotiate service agreements, help in defining new capabilities and equipment to complement laboratory capabilities.
- Maintain laboratory supplies by anticipating future needs, place and expedite orders, and define proper certification processes.
- Orient and train employees, mentor lab staff on working processes to facilitate efficient and high quality facilities and capabilities.
- Maintain laser controls and, as necessary, certification in concert with responsible engineers Define, ramp-up, and maintain information systems for quality management.
- B.S. degree or higher in a science or engineering field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing a lab Experience in the field of nanofabrication.
- Experience with photolithography, etching, and related nanostructure metrology equipment Experience with analytical tool such as SEM, AFM, spectrometers.
- Direct experience in optics and optical metrology is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to mentor lab staff, uphold quality and safety standards, and maintain orderly lab environment.
- Mechanical prowess to help troubleshooting issues and up keeping of lab equipment Experience with chemical safety procedures and quality standards.
- Proven track record on defining, ramping up, and managing high precision metrology and process tooling.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.