Lab Validation Engineer
Mountain View, CA 95124
Position Title: Lab Validation Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Mountain View, California.
- You will be involved in maintaining labs and supporting chip/system validation within the silicon and sensors team.
- You will work closely with engineering teams and functional teams such as IT, security, and facilities to build and maintain a successful lab environment.
- Knowledge of SOC digital design validation process
- Expertise on lab test equipment (set-up and measurements) such high-bandwidth digital storage oscilloscope, logic/PCIE/USB analyzer, power supply, BERT, etc.
- Ability to debug board and test set-up issues
- Good electrical measurement techniques
- Clear understanding of signal integrity
- Experience in providing lab support to digital silicon validation i.e. familiar with lab materials, procurement process, general lab procedures, management of inventories, testbench set-up
- Ability to provide innovative test solutions and fixtures
- Energetic, good communication skills, self-motivated
- Collaborative, strong, ability to work in a team environment
- BSEE or related experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Work experience in Mechanical and/or Materials Engineering
- Work experience with robotics, sensors, thermals, lighting
- Knowledge of high-speed bus protocol such as PCIE, HDMI, DP, DDR3/4, MIPI
- Soldering skills, scripting language, MS Office a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.