1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, CA 95014 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Jira Administrator with our client located in Cupertino CA.
- Provide JIRA subject matter expertise in discussions regarding governance, migrations, integrations and ideal future state
- Give input on JIRA best practices and standardization
- Automate JIRA processes as much as possible to save time and reduce errors
- Work closely with the IT and internal Atlassian teams on projects such as major upgrades, data migrations, automations, plugin selection, and integration with other systems.
- Work with our development team to extend JIRA integration with other tools
- Stabilize, Centralize and Mature our existing JIRA environment
- Write clear documentation materials for training purposes
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members
- Work with key stakeholders to enable and improve custom workflows, fields, screens, dashboards, and reports. Perform regular sessions with internal teams to understand where JIRA processes can be improved and/or streamlined
- Support JIRA administration, including design, creation and management of custom workflows, custom fields, dashboards, addons, reports and integration with other development tools.
- 5+ years of Atlassian administration experience
- Experience with JIRA & Confluence installations, merges, upgrades and migrations.
- Expert level knowledge of JIRA
- Strong JIRA configuration experience (workflows, fields, screens, permissions, notifications, etc.), and in-depth knowledge of JQL queries, reporting capabilities and dashboards.
- Good understanding of all administrative functions and features (JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Bamboo), and implementing standard methodologies.
- Prior experience vetting, testing, installing and configuring add-ons (Advanced Roadmaps, Structure, Script Runner, EazyBI, Questions, etc.), and any new add-on requests.
- Preferred Skills and Experience
- Atlassian certification/s a plus
- Experience implementing custom JQL functions (Jira Query Language)
- Developing custom scripts/Rest APIs
- Knowledge of Structure’s Expr formulas
- Experience creating JIRA plugins.
- Experience with GitHub or Perforce
- Experience with ChatOps (Slack app development ideally)
- Location:Cupertino CA
- Pay Rate Range: TBD
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.