Information Security Content Specialist
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Information Security Content Specialist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Follow & improve upon established process for common requests and issues as related to information security policy management, development, enforcement and awareness
- Write, edit and update infosec policies, standards, and guidelines in partnership with policy sponsors & subject matter experts
- Ensure that policies are consistent with business objectives
- Execute a comprehensive content strategy to increase security policy awareness
- Comprehend, analyze, and interpret content and communicate critical issues and necessary actions
- Communicate with management teams regarding status, issues, needs, approach and recommendations.
- Perform other duties as requested
- Project management skills and ability to juggle multiple potentially conflicting priorities
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Written communication with ability to create formal documents for distribution
- Active listening skills to gather and document accurate requirements
- Ability to work crossfunctionally with multiple stakeholders and properly action input and feedback
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Functional understanding of regulatory and compliance mandates, such as HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley preferred
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.