Bothell, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: IT Technician
Position Description: Our Eastside client has a FTE opening for an IT Technician to help with their Windows 10 Migration.
- Troubleshoot and resolve employee IT problems in the Client' s US Offices.
- Field incoming help requests from employees via both telephone, e-mail, helpdesk and in person in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent activities and actions in response to employee assistance requests.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize, schedule and resolve IT activities. Escalate problems (when required) to the Director of IT U.S or other appropriate IT Team Member.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Assist in the rehearsal and execution of disaster recovery plans for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications in collaboration with the System and Network Administrators.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in the monitoring and performance of the US IT infrastructure.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in IT function and problem resolution.
- Install and maintain anti-virus software and other system protection tools.
- Performing regular, scheduled preventative maintenance on IT equipment and systems under the direction of the Director of IT US.
- Perform post-resolution monitoring and follow-ups to ensure employee satisfaction.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Provide basic end-user training and instruction to improve computer operation in pursuit of employee business tasks.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
- Perform, check and monitor system backups.
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with Client' s values.
- Perform any other duties as needed.
- Associates degree in the field of computer science required.
- Certifications in Microsoft Systems desirable.
- Knowledge of Dell computer hardware and peripheral components.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008-2016 and Windows SharePoint Server.
- Extensive application support experience with the MS Office suite.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities and tools.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and diagnostics.
- Strong documentation skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service and delivery focus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.