Human Factors Researcher
Bellevue, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Human Factors Researcher
Position Description: Our Eastside client has an exciting contract opportunity for an experienced Human Factors Research professional working across leading edge HW and SW products. This individual will be responsible for planning and conducting various research studies on gaming products and solutions.? The ability to organize, design and conduct a wide range of types of research studies will be paramount.
The ideal candidate will have comprehensive knowledge and experience executing various research methods used to identify, understand, evaluate, and communicate complex hardware interaction and ergonomic issues. Strong skills in inferential statistics are also a must. This Researcher will work closely with Industrial Designers, Interaction Designers, hardware engineers and software engineers in a highly collaborative environment. This individual must work effectively with these partners to set up, conduct, and communicate user research testing, product and ergonomic evaluations. This position requires the need to be organized, detail-oriented and results-driven. Strategic thinking and creativity will be critical.
· A MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Ergonomics, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, or a related field is ideal (Relevant, recent industry work experience is an acceptable substitute for MS or BS)
· Experience designing and running original experimental research
· Ability to communicate clearly research results and findings
· 2+ years of industry experience conducting HF research on products and solutions
· Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team with limited supervision
· Strong self-starter skills are a requirement
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Gaming industry experience or avid Gamer is Nice to Have
· HW industry experience
· Strong statistical analysis skills