Head of Design
San Francisco, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Head of Design:
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Francisco California for an experienced Head of Design: where our client is looking to apply design as a calculated practice - human centered and data inspired. As Head of Design, you will work closely with the entire product team and will define our design process, tooling, and delivery system with an accent on iterative and data driven decision making.
Your primary goals will be to design and manage the development of the next generation of mobile websites, apps, keyboards, APIs and other interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android and mobile web.
We expect you to have an evolved understanding of how people use their devices, the flexibility to adapt to new technologies, and a robust toolkit.
You will be reporting to and strategizing with the CEO and engineering stakeholders within the company to determine and execute long-term product goals.
Day-to-day, you will manage a team of two designers and create the wireframes necessary for the design team to execute on your vision. You will be responsible for highly usable and intuitive interface creation. Any concept you create will be brand-consistent across all mobile experiences that our company provides to our end users.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns
- Break any design problem down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts, and color theory.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, Apple’ s human interface design guidelines, Android design, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work
- Proven ability to quickly deliver high quality designs to the team at large and our in-house design team
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience in designing high quality consumer websites, apps and digital products with a background in bringing ideas from conception through to market adoption with design.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.