Hardware Test Data Engineer
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Hardware Test Data Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
Our client seeks a Hardware Test Data Engineer who has an aptitude and passion for solving technical problems or optimization via the analysis of test data. As a Hardware Test Data Engineer, you will play a critical role in improving product performance/quality and keeping projects on schedule.
We are looking for slightly impatient individuals willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things.
- Analyze hardware proto build test data collected in prototype/NPI builds to identify issues and work with suppliers, design and operation engineers to resolve
- Use data to optimize manufacturing processes, including test
- Identify key data to be studied and the kind of analysis needed
- Direct as needed the data investigation done by 3rd party manufacturing partners
- Drive for automation of analysis
- Work with IT to set up robust and scalable methods of automatically collecting manufacturing data in a meaningful fashion
- Present data and findings in a cross functional environment in a clear and concise manner
- BS or MS degree in electrical engineering or equivalent field
- 3+ years of data management and analysis experience
- 2+ years of analysis of hardware products
- Deep understanding of GR&R, CpK, correlation and other process control-related statistics
- Expert in JMP, Minitab, Tableau or equivalent statistical/data analysis tool
- Hands-on automation of analysis
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years in consumer electronics
- strong in test/characterization of typical consumer electronics technologies: sensors, RF, camera, audio, display, battery etc.
- Experience in Hive and SQL databases
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience in working with Asian manufacturing partners
- Strong ability & experience building cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization
- Can-do attitude with the ability to drive results, motivate, and instill a sense of urgency in others
- Ability to be in a leadership position and achieve results with minimal supervision
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.