San Francisco, California | Contract
Position Title: Hardware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA for a top notch Hardware Engineer.
- Detailed digital / analog / mixed-signal circuit design across a broad range of products and industries
- Contribute to the development of product / system architecture based on elicitation and understanding of client needs and requirements
- Significant contribution to electrical product design, test, and verification from requirements through introduction into manufacturing
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with colleagues from other disciplines (Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Project Management, and Business Development) to deliver awesome end products to clients
- Support the Business Development team in new project scoping and client interaction throughout all product development phases
- Provide quality oversight in technical design reviews for other team members
- BS or advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 7+ years of product development experience (concept to production) including design for test and manufacturing
- 7+ years of circuit design experience with significant emphasis on mixed signal and embedded system hardware design
- Experience with highly-concurrent, collaborative, multi-disciplinary programs
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity in early phase investigative projects
- Ability to rapidly decipher and prioritize amongst contending specifications, constraints, and requirements
- Experience with linear and switch mode power supplies for portable electronics
- Experience with charging and protection circuits for Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer batteries
- Experience overseeing PCB layouts, preferably in Allegro or Altium
- Experience effectively interfacing directly with clients or customers as a technical contributor
- Positive, proactive attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results
- Previous experience with RF/wireless and/or high-volume products is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.