Hadoop Developer 4
Lehi, Utah | Contract
Position Title: Hadoop Developer 4
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Lehi, UT
- Responsible for design, Develop, monitoring, tuning and optimizing, governing Large Scale Hadoop Cluster and Hadoop components
- Design and implement new components and various emerging technologies in Hadoop Echo System, and successful execution of various Proof-Of-Technology
- Monitor and analyze job performance, file system and disk-space management, cluster and database connectivity and log files
- Harden the cluster to support use cases and self-service in 24x7 model and apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to on critical, highly complex customer problems
- Automate deployment and management of Hadoop services including implementing monitoring.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or Engineering or Related Field
- Data Architect and Modeling skills and experience a must.
- 7 Years Of strong Hadoop and Big Data experience with Enterprise Data ware housing experience
- Well versed with Hadoop challenges related to scaling and self-service analytics
- Well versed with Cloudera and Hortonworks distributions, hands on experience required for both distributions.
- Well versed with hive, spark, hbase and latest developments in the Hadoop eco system
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop integration points with enterprise BI and EDW tools Strong
- Experience with Hadoop cluster management, Administrative, operations using Oozie, Yarn, Ambari, Zookeeper, Tez, Slider
- Strong Experience with Hadoop ETL, Data Ingestion: Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Spark, Hbase
- Strong experience on SQL and PLSQL Good to have
- Experience in Real Time Data Ingestion using Kafka, Storm, Spark or Complex Event Processing
- Experience in Hadoop Data Consumption and Other Components: Hive, Hue HBase, Phoenix, Spark, Mahout, Pig, Impala, Presto
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning services and applications and operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of systems capacity, bottlenecks, and basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
- Should be able to take the lead and interact with US team members with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills across distributed team environment
- Should be aware of Order to cash workflows and subscriptions business KPI' s
- Solid understanding of general business models, concepts and strategies
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.