HW Test Engineer 1
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Hardware Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Hardware Test Engineer 1:
Job Requirements: The successful applicant will perform electro-optical display testing of tablet-class devices by using automated optical measurement test equipment and writing and maintaining scripts for automated test instrumentation. The tasks involve using optical test set-ups such as hard/soft mounts, operating instrumentation, and following instructions to reprogram display driver boards and load OS and UEFI codes. The job also includes troubleshooting displays and test set-ups, and logging, analyzing, and summarizing data. The candidate should expect to work with minimal supervision. Availability to provide after-hours support when required is a plus.
- Minimum AA/BS in Physics, Engineering, Optics, or similar field.
- 1-2 years or more experience in hardware testing/electronics debugging.
- Programming and automated test platforms (e.g. C++, C#, VB.NET, LabView).
- Basic electronic skills (read schematic drawings, understand and troubleshoot circuit diagrams, simple hardware modifications).
- Computer skills (WinOS, MS Office).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with electronic displays and display optical measurement equipment (imaging colorimeters, spectroradiometers, integrating spheres, optical detectors and components, oscilloscopes).
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.