HW Test Engineer 1
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: HW Test Engineer 1
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
- Support the team in the verification of electrical, mechanical and thermal design for biometrics.
- Activities include electrical testing to verify signal integrity and power, functional & stress testing to verify mechanical compatibility, and thermal testing to verify performance across the range of operating
- The successful candidate will be able to execute tests with little to no supervision, perform some analysis of the collected data and present results vs test specifications and plot test parameter distribution across the units measured.
- BS, MS or PhD in EE required and/or 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge and experience with standard lab equipment including oscilloscopes, DMMs, data loggers, thermocouples
- Knowledge of Excel for recording data and generating reports
- Demonstrates strong design and/or test skills.
- Demonstrates managing through ambiguity, and technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently to achieve goal-based results and attention to detail to assure high quality of test execution
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Hands-on experience in the development of high-volume consumer electronic products.
- Experience with camera test equipment
- Knowledge and experience with digital cameras and digital photography
- Knowledge of image quality metrics and testing procedures
- Programming experience with C/C++ and shell scripts
- Familiarity with serial data busses such I2C, I2S, and SPI
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.