Game Audio Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Game Audio Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA.
Seeking a short-term contractor for the role of software engineer in game audio to work in our research lab. The job entails supporting the research team in achieving their research goals by performing software development and integration in Unreal and Unity game engines.
- Implement software infrastructure for audio techniques in areas such as spatial audio, room acoustics, etc.
- Integrate audio technologies in commercial and proprietary engines Maintain, test and debug existing software codebase, as well as adding new features.
- Work alongside art team to prototype new game demos and experiences
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++ programming.
- 3+ years of experience in audio middleware software such as FMOD, AudioKineticWise, XAudio, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in Unity and Unreal years of experience in game
- 3+ audio software development
- Familiarity with DSP systems, signal processing algorithms, convolution, FIR/IIR filters, DSP frameworks and DSP integration
- Prior experience in MATLAB programming preferred but not required
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.