GSE & Tooling Engineer III
8082 Space Commerce Way Merritt Island, FL 32953 US
Position Title: GSE & Tooling Engineer III
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity for a GSE & Tooling Engineer III located in Merritt Island, FL.
- Minimum of a bachelor’ s college degree in mechanical, aerospace, electrical, structural, industrial, or manufacturing engineering; or other major requiring engineering or manufacturing core courses
- 7+ years’ experience with design and integration of mechanical systems (mechanisms, power transmission components, hydraulics, fluids systems, etc.), electrical systems/components, control systems, support frames/structures, and/or lifting fixtures.
- Design of GSE for production, manufacturing, and testing of launch vehicles and launch vehicle support systems.
- Proven ability to drive complex projects to completion
- Experience with CAD modeling and drawings in PTC Creo.
- Experience with revision control and data configuration in Windchill.
- A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- FEA Analysis and hand calculations of structural and mechanical components.
- Experience working on aerospace development programs, production lines, or field operations in both design and hands-on roles; experience on commercial development programs a plus.
- Experience with design specification, procurement, operation, and maintenance of GSE.
- Extremely customer focused with strong communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances.
- Experience with multiple CAD packages, Catia, SolidWorks, etc. a plus.
- Hands on fabrication, assembly, or maintenance experience.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.