Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
Software and firmware development, integration, and debugging of Qualcomm modems on the Windows platform
- Tasks including modem firmware development, porting, and debug; and operating system driver integration.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining firmware running on embedded consumer electronics.
- You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product bring-up and test: write, debug, and integrate new device drivers, protocols, and other firmware code across embedded product line.
- Interacting with Hardware, OS, Test, Operations and various other cross-functional teams.
- Review board schematics and data sheets.
- Utilize oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other test equipment to troubleshoot hardware/software issues.
- Enable test strategies for new components in upcoming products.
- Support product development builds locally and remotely.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in software or hardware development related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience developing Qualcomm modem firmware, including front end, RF tuning, calibration, and customization.
- Experience in factory configuration/provisioning for LTE/cellular UE hardware.
- Experience in cellular carrier compliance requirements and testing.
- Experience in the design, implementation, debugging and testing of LTE/Cellular
- UE software and firmware.
- Experience with LTE/cellular UE wireless networking implementations, protocols, drivers, and test equipment.
- Ability to use hardware debugging tools such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG, Flash emulators, ICE, etc.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.