Firmware Engineer 3
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Firmware Engineer 3
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Firmware Engineer where you will be responsible for creating and maintaining firmware running on embedded consumer electronics. You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product bring-up and test: write, debug, and integrate new device drivers, protocols, and other firmware code across embedded product line. Interacting with Hardware, OS, Test, Operations and various other cross-functional teams. Review board schematics and data sheets. Utilize oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other test equipment to troubleshoot hardware/software issues. Enable test strategies for new components in upcoming products. Support product development builds locally and remotely.
- BS, MS or PhD in EE required and/or 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a must.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems principle.
- Demonstrable programming skills in C and C++.
- Experience and understanding of firmware design tools (IAR is a plus) and languages.
- Experience with of standard protocols such as UART, I2C, SMBUS, SPI, USB, MIPI, and/or wireless technologies (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other).
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.? Strong problem solving and debugging skills for multi-processor systems with I2C/SPI, USB and other interconnect bus.
- Additional skills in C++, Python, C#, and PowerShell/Scripting valued.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.