Failure Analysis Engineer
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Failure Analysis Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
Our client has an immediate need for a highly resourceful Failure Analysis Engineer to assist in the failure analysis of its hardware products including the design verification and functional performance validation of systems. Failure analysis engineer will be responsible for architecting and conducting failure analysis on our products during engineering development and early field failures after launch. The position requires a detail-oriented individual who has extremely high technical aptitude, ability to troubleshoot failures, propose corrective actions and drive change design with cross functional teams. You are a self-starter with excellent communication skills.
- Evaluate electrical, mechanical and electromechanical characteristics of components, sub-components and systems to determine the root cause of failures
- Develop, record and perform failure analysis on systems and components to identify root cause and corrective actions Identify and drive improvements into product design, factory assembly and test capabilities, software and supply chain
- Extensive data analysis of parametric data to understand system performance and drive improvements with cross functional partners.
- Perform electrical circuit troubleshooting through analysis of electrical schematics and testing
- Set up protocols for system dis-assembly and repair process by collaborating with JDM partners
- Coordination of and travel to suppliers (foreign and domestic) to establish technical and manufacturing processes required during product development and volume manufacturing ramp
- BS degree in engineering or equivalent field
- 5+ years of failure analysis experience
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of analytical techniques (SEM, FTIR, X-Ray/CT, Optical microscopy)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while developing FA processes
- Ability to both follow and enforce documentation and departmental procedures
- Experience with hardware in the loop testing and validation, including the use of network test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and frequency synthesizers
- Experience with both RF and optical testbed lab operation and procedures desired
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.