FPGA Design Engineer
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: FPGA Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose California for an experienced FPGA Design Engineer.
- Participate in development of sensing solution as an FPGA expert which includes design of interface to FPGA, controls of the PCB components from FPGA.
- Writing FPGA RTL to implement signal processing algorithms
- RTL modification and simulation, test bench generation/ automation and scripting, system integration, bring up and testing
- Documentation, data measurement, post processing and communication
- Board and system hardware bring up
- PCB design and simulation
- B.S. or higher degree in Electrical or computer engineering, Physics or similar sciences.
- Experienced in design of boards with FPGA and ASICs
- Prior expertise in FPGA prototyping and design of protyping boards using off the shelf ASICs & standard interfaces to FPGA evaluation board.
- FPGA design tool flows, synthesis, timing analysis, partitioning, FPGA programming, bring up and testing
- Good understanding of C/ C++, Perl/ Python scripting Computer Skills: Proven past Xilinx/ Altera FPGA design experience, design tool set up and operation, synthesis and partitioning flows, simulation and test bench development, Perl/ Python scripting for testing and automation, hardware board bring up, server system and software integration, performance testing and analysis.
- Comprehension Skills: Research, read and understand technical specifications, IC data sheets, FPGA evaluation board documentation, follow through instructions, root cause and resolve technical issues, collect data and present to supervisor and in other forums as needed
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.