Export Compliance Manager
9461 Willows Road NE , Suite 100 Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for an Export Compliance Manager with our client located in Redmond, WA.
- The Export Compliance Manager will ensure strict compliance with United States’ laws and regulations relating to Global Trade Compliance, including ITAR, EAR, OFAC, and Customs/Traffic.
- This position is expected to understand operational compliance in global trade, monitor federal regulations, have interpersonal skills to interact with senior management, employees in training, and clients or customers.
- Must be adaptable to changing administrations and procedures.
- The responsibilities of this position may evolve over time, and other functions may be assigned as necessary.
- It is important that the Compliance Specialist is flexible, can multitask, and is a motivated self-starter.
- Act as an Empowered official for trade compliance on international business transactions, exercising due diligence to mitigate potential risk.
- Preparation, review, and submission of ITAR and Commerce export and import licenses.
- Works on WDAs, TAAs, VSDs, license provisos and ITAR related issues. Prepares DOS required documentation, prepares, and submits licenses.
- Determines use of license exemptions and maintains records.
- Ensures that DOS registrations and permits are up to date; and submits material change notifications.
- Responsible for all permanent and temporary export and import license documentation and related documentation such as carnets, customs forms, free trade agreements, certificate of origin, invoices, pack slips, and other documents as required.
- Disseminates license provisos and prepares instructions to distributors and sales personnel to ensure compliance when conducting demonstrations/trainings, attending trade shows, hand carrying equipment and returning loan equipment.
- Reviews and identifies trade compliance issues on requests for quotes, contracts, and requests for sales support.
- Ensures compliance and regulatory requirements are met before acceptance and shipment of orders.
- Responsible for export and import shipping documents for routine and non-routine shipments of orders, repair returns, hand-carry, loans, trade shows, and calibration of equipment.
- Prepares annual reports, maintains documentation and recordkeeping in compliance with licenses and ITAR.
- Engages with DOS, DTSA, BIS, Customs officers and freight forwarders on license provisos, policy changes and logistics.
- Acts as a company resource for ITAR regulations and compliance.
- Works with the U.S. State Department in license application & export document processing.
- Updates ITAR & EAR and export requirements.
- Delivers export compliance training to new employees, annually to current employees and as needed in the event of special
- Coordinates with other departments as necessary regarding regulatory affairs inquiries and requests.
- Works with Business Development and outsourced ITAR contractors to validate commodity classifications.
- May be required to take on special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Must be okay with the creation of guns.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent business writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and analyze.
- Bachelor’s degree and three plus (3+) years of experience in work directly related to Government Contracting and Import/Export Regulations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity in responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Proficiency in the English language and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the Senior Management Team, employees in training and clients or customers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems such as Syspro, Unipoint, and Microsoft CRM software.
- Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Job Type-Direct hire
- Location: Redmond, WA-Onsite
- Salary Range as Posted: Salary range: $71,000 - $130,000 DOE
- Work Authorization: ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass the background check will not be considered for employment.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.