Bellevue, Washington | Contract To Hire
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Job Description: The Engineering Technician reports directly to the Engineering Manager. The purpose of this position is to support electrical and mechanical engineers by assisting with schematic and mechanical drawings, bills of materials, and engineering change orders.
- Maintenance and archiving of Solidworks drawings
- Maintenance and archiving of Orcad schematic drawings
- Maintenance and archiving of product bills of material
- Creation of engineering change orders within the company’ s Oracle ERP system
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- Experience with schematic capture and using EDA tools such as OrCAD
- Experience with mechanical design tools such as Solidworks, Autocad and EPDM drawing vault
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the following areas:
- Parts creation in CAD and materials management system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to set up and perform tests of products under development
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to stand/or sit. The employee frequently, uses hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, squat, turn/twist, reach and talk, hear, and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.