San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Emulation Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose California for an experienced Emulation Engineer Our Client develops hardware systems for pre-silicon and post-silicon validation of advanced FPGA families. You will use both commercial emulation systems as well as create custom FPGA-based platforms for prototyping. Post-silicon, and develop boards to functionally validate the latest silicon features. The most recent efforts have been directed towards Zynq Ultrascale MPSoC.
- 5 years experience with Emulation of full-SoC designs
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines
- Building, Running and debugging SoC system failures on emulation platforms (Zebu, Palladium & Veloce)
- Work with the leading emulation vendors (Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor) to debug issues and deploy new capabilities
- Experience in RTL design, simulation and debug
- Broad software debug experience with C/C++ and knowledge of low-level assembly programming languages
- Fluent in Verilog and a familiarity with VHDL hardware design languages
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
- Experience with scripting languages including Perl, Unix shells and makefiles
- Experience with Synopsys Design Constraints (SDC)
- Develop system or IP prototype systems using FPGAs
- Experience using FPGA synthesis tools, including Synopsys Synplify
- Experience using Xilinx Ultrascale, Vivado, and Vivado Debug
- Create FPGA-based validation designs based upon embedded processors such as ARM Cortex A9, A53 and other hard IP within Xilinx FPGAs.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.