Embedded Software Engineering Manager
Bothell, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Embedded Software Engineering Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bothel Washington for an experienced Embedded Software Engineering Manager:
- Manage the embedded firmware and software design, including outside development resources (when required), and establish processes to efficiently design, develop, verify, and sustain products to improve time to market.
- Develop and mentor the engineering team, focusing on continual improvement for each team member and for the collective team.
- Work closely with the Research and Hardware development teams, making architectural decisions and design tradeoffs (between mechanical, electrical, firmware, and system software considerations).
- Manage multiple development projects, including detailed planning and scheduling, coordinating resource allocations based on established priorities.
- Ensure planning and execution of projects across necessary organizational functions, e.g. marketing, other R&D functional groups, product validation/regulatory, system verification, manufacturing, operations, customer service/support.
- Recruit, retain, and lead a world class development team.
- Perform annual written performance assessment of engineering personnel.
- Must have a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline, M.S. preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience developing embedded software; experience with medical or avionic development processes is a plus, as is experience with developing micro services or cloud-based services.
- Demonstrated management experience working in a product development environment, ideally focused on leading software engineers developing new products at all levels from entry to principal.
- Well versed in Design Control, Change Control and problem solving (CAPA) and their application in software product development.
- Demonstrated success leading full life cycle development efforts (new product development to introduction of products in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with project tracking software with the ability to drive in an Agile fashion, preferably with the Atlassian Tool Chain (Confluence, JIRA, etc.).
- Experience with version control systems: GIT, SubVersion, etc.
- Experience in software toolchains, RTOS’, Embedded Linux, bare metal development
- Knowledge of cGMPs, FDA guidelines, and IEC 60601 and 62304 standards desired.
- Experience developing firmware for ARM Cortex-Mx or other 32-bit MCU (bare metal, device drivers, and state machines) using IDEs such as IAR, Keil, Atollic, etc.
- Experience with developing/debugging Linux kernel drivers and user-level drivers is a plus.
- Experience providing accurate estimates and meeting your scheduled commitments.
- Excellent software documentation skills.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.