Embedded Software Engineer
San Francisco, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA for an Embedded Software Engineer who will contribute in architecting, writing and deploying the next generation of product firmware. The ideal candidate will have experience developing complex firmware architectures with and without operating systems, paying particular attention to low power consumption.
This position is an integral part of the product development team and will regularly collaborate with different teams in the organization, spanning from hardware to backend.
- Architect, design, implement, and maintain complex software designs
- Write clean, understandable, robust, and sustainable code tailored for embedded systems
- Negotiate, specify, and document communication protocols, system states, and firmware/software feature requirements with the software team
- Create and write cases to exercise and validate firmware
- 5+ years of coding experience on embedded platforms (preferably ARM architectures)
- Knowledge of Embedded Linux
- Proficiency in C and embedded software development environments
- Solid board bring-up and debug skills
- Demonstrated capability in applying software best practices to firmware designs
- Deep understanding of modern MCU architectures
- Experience in power management, power-on self-test, and fault handling
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Familiar with general debug tools such as JTAG and oscilloscopes
- Experience with Bluetooth LE or other wireless network equivalents
- RTOS experience
- High level knowledge of audio and video codecs
- Experience with scripting languages (preferred node.js)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.