Electrical Systems Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Electrical Systems Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Responsible for interfacing and supporting geographically diverse and international design team members to develop supporting technical and license basis documentation. The team members include in-house and subcontracted resources and may include partner/customer resources as well
- Design oversight of partners and subcontractors developing Electrical designs for the reactor from system and sub-system functional requirements through final design
- Support development of electrical system deliverables including but not limited to procurement specifications, requirements documents, system design descriptions, failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), calculations, single-line diagrams, and design change packages
- Develop and review system- and component-level specifications and scopes of work
- Perform engineering and design evaluations to support application of structure, system, and component (SSC) classification guidance, industrial and nuclear codes and standards, licensing requirements, and NRC regulations to electrical systems
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards
- Analyze and apply regulatory guidance and technical standards to complex electrical system design
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables to meet company requirements, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities
- Integrate Electrical with work of other disciplines, engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts at company, partners, and contractors
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports
- B.S. degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related discipline. Advanced degree a plus and will count toward years of experience
- A minimum of eight (8) years of direct experience with proven electrical systems skills
- Previous experience with nuclear electrical systems design is strongly desired
- Experience in oversight and integration of multiple organizations in the development and delivery of engineering design
- Familiarity with Class 1E standards including but not limited to IEEE 308, IEEE 323, IEEE 344, IEEE 379, IEEE 383, IEEE 384, and IEEE 741 preferred
- Familiarity with post-accident monitoring standards and regulatory guidance (e.g. IEEE 497 and RG 1.97) preferred
- Familiarity with valve-regulated lead-acid (VRLA) battery installation and design standards including but not limited to IEEE 1187, IEEE 1188, and IEEE 1189 preferred
- Familiarity with implementing design control and development in accordance with nuclear power plant quality assurance (e.g. 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1) strongly desired
- Experience with transmission system design, protection, control, and planning is desired, but not required
- Experience designing and operating high-temperature (400°C and higher) processes desired but not required
- Experience with software tools used to develop design deliverables (e.g. ETAP, AutoCAD Standard, AutoCAD Electrical, or SolidWorks), desired but not required.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience with new build project preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe Professional
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $116,030 - $193,384
- **Typically, our employee salaries are within .90 – 1.0 of the mid-point of the posted salary band. Any salary offered within the posted salary band is based on market data and commensurate with the selected individual’s qualifications and experience. This range is specific to Washington State.*
- ITAR's obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.