Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
- Subsystem architecture, design, analysis, schematic capture, circuit board layout, prototyping, bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification and signal characterization, test and support through production and flight
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- 7+ years of professional experience in fast-paced commercial based projects; CPU/FPGA/ASIC circuit boards, consumer electronics, wireless devices, and/or low power platforms.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering to manufacturing complete systems of high complexity
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Masters of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or equivalent area of focus
- 7+ years of experience with designing and implementing of analog, digital or mixed-signal circuit boards from concept through production using operational amplifiers, filters, and transistors, analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components, multi-GHz Serdes, DRAM interfaces (DDR4), CAN, I2C, Ethernet, SPI, FPGAs, ASICs, and processors
- 7+ years of experience with testing/troubleshooting/qualification techniques, signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
- Design experience with CCD or CMOS imaging devices and streaming video systems
- 5+ years of experience with DFx (EMC, EMI, reliability, manufacturability, test, etc.)
- Strong emphasis on full lifecycle development of new hardware systems -- not small incremental updates to legacy hardware
- Strong understanding of computers, programming languages, scripting tools and automation (C/C++, Python, Matlab, assembly language, Perl, etc.)
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.