Electrical Engineer - Radio Frequency 2
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Electrical Engineer - Radio Frequency 2
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Electrical Engineer:
- Test RF design and LTE/Wi-Fi performance in particular RF parameters within 3GPP, IEEE specs.
- Expert in CMW500, Anritsu tester MT8820 to test 3GPP specifications, carrier and internal requirements.
- Experience in root causing RF test failures and work closely with design team to implement and retest the schematic/layout changes.
- Knowledge of LTE and WCDMA layer 1 and layer 2 standards, understanding of RF component characteristics.
- Ability to test 3GPP L1 parameters and find any product issues to meet the requirements. Prior experience filing bugs and follow up on bug resolutions, capture device and test equipment logs etc.
- Create new test plans to improve RF test coverage and or create targeted testing for a new feature.
- Ability to multitask and done device preparation (loading right bits/tools/software/firmware) for official laboratory testing.
- Data processing for harvesting statistical analysis of the RF parameters.
- BS, MS required with 5 to 10 years of relevant RF hardware and system design for consumer electronic products.
- Expert in RF standards across 3GPP, IEEE . Experience and understanding in RF component characteristics and behavior.
- Prior experience with modem and Wi-Fi chipsets and chipset tools is preferable.
- Experience with cellular test equipments like CMW500/Anritsu
- Prior experience in test labs for RF parameters or chipset development and testing is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic products is a plus.
- Working knowledge of EM and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices, including proper grounding, isolation, and desense mitigation techniques.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.