Electrical Engineer - Audio 1
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Electrical Engineer - Audio 1
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
- Responsible for developing audio sub-systems and audio quality for consumer product devices.
- Work with hardware, software/product design engineers to optimize audio performance.
- Leveraging your understanding of basic audio architectures and sub-systems including audio codec, audio software, speakers and microphones to help drive improved audio quality.
- BS, MS or PHd in EE required and/or 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Passion for audio with a good ear for diagnosing audio problems
- Must have experience conducting audio signal analysis in MATLAB or similar software such as Adobe Audition or SoundForge
- Ability to work independently and drive for results
- Basic knowledge of Windows audio architecture and system requirements.
- Ability to communicate findings and ideas to other teams
- Preferred Candidates will have some mix of the following:
- Development experience and/or tuning skills of Digital signal processing, including filtering, echo canceller, noise suppressor and dynamics processing and how to optimize the performance of these algorithms in consumer electronic devices.
- Experience tuning audio systems in consumer devices
- Experience using acoustic measurement instruments for telephony e.g. HEAD, ACQUA, B&K Pulse.
- Knowledge and experience with psychoacoustic analysis of audio quality and loudness.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.