Lynnwood, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Drafter
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Lynnwood for an experienced Drafter to design and maintain cable assembly drawings in accordance with our client' s customer' s specifications.
- Responsible for creating 2D drawings including cable assembly layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, wire lists, and parts lists
- Select appropriate components (interconnects and wire) based on customer interface, specifications and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for change and manipulation of cable assemblies from and customer’ s 3D CAD models.
- Good understanding of production capabilities and data requirements. Able to communicate professionally with customer personnel
- Process change documentation and drawing updates when necessary to provide resolutions to customer design changes, drawing corrections and enhancements
- Provide support to Product, Component, and Process engineers for cable assembly designs in production
- Full understanding of drafting standards and usage of GD&T
- Proficient with AutoCAD, AND Catia(V4/V5) are must haves - no substitutions.
- Thorough understanding of components, processes, equipment, standards and terminology used in cable assembly design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel and customers
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a high pace and responsive environment.
- Excellent personal computing skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Able to read and interpret requirement documentation from a wide variety of customers
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent, desire
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
- This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.