Kent, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Drafter
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in south Seattle for an experienced Drafter who will develop and maintain cable assembly drawings in accordance with our client' s customer' s specifications.
- Responsible for creating 2D drawings including cable assembly layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, wire lists, and parts lists
- Select appropriate components (interconnects and wire) based on customer interface, specifications and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for change and manipulation of cable assemblies from CIT and customer’ s 3D CAD models.
- Good understanding of CIT’ s production capabilities and data requirements. Able to communicate professionally with customer personnel
- Process change documentation and drawing updates when necessary to provide resolutions to customer design changes, drawing corrections and enhancements
- Provide support to CIT Product, Component, and Process engineers for cable assembly designs in production
- Full understanding of drafting standards and usage of GD&T
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Catia(V4/V5), Pro Engineer (Wildfire/CREO), and/or SolidWorks
- Broad knowledge of commercial aerospace regulatory requirements and general design requirements for aircraft wiring
- Thorough understanding of components, processes, equipment, standards and terminology used in Aerospace cable assembly design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel and customers
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a high pace and responsive environment.
- Excellent personal computing skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Able to read and interpret requirement documentation from a wide variety of customers
- Able and willing to travel by air and auto throughout the USA
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent, OR 3-5 years of experience in a similar position.
- A minimum of 2 years in an aerospace cable assembly design environment
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.