Director of Facilities
Bothell, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Director of Facilities
Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bothell, WA for an experienced Facilities Director.
Responsible for planning, development, qualification, implementation and oversight of the companies facilities to meet strategic objectives for the business unit and in alignment with company' s guidance.
Establish long-term facilities strategies, policies and procedures in consultation with our client' s management team and the company' s associates and in line with business unit commercial growth projections and R&D portfolio. Ensure efficient and effective facilities solutions related to space planning, facility repair and maintenance, systems monitoring, facility expansion and build-out projects.
- Hire and manage departmental staff. Establish contracts with outside service providers, as needed.
- Prepare and monitor annual facilities operating budgets.
- Review and approve document change requests.
- Ensure the facility and related systems are on-line and operational 24x7 to support manufacturing, R&D, and other business requirements.
- For both small and large-scale facilities and business systems projects, conduct research, identify vendors, develop requests for proposals (RFPs), analyze proposals, and develop sound strategies to meet the needs of the business unit.
- Establish goals and initiate projects to continuously improve efficiency of operations and assure that facilities are fit for purpose.
- Provide operational risk assessments and implement mitigations for facilities. Includes consideration of security standards, disaster recovery planning and emergency plans of action for the failure of production critical facilities systems.
- Work with management and our client' s associates to develop 10 year space plan requirements for the company, including infrastructure and system requirements. Develop facility plans to support space requirements. Support engineering teams with selection and facility requirements planning for capital equipment installations.
- Negotiate, select and manage service contracts for all building systems and outsourced contractors. For expansion and new construction projects, coordinate with brokers, architects, general contractors and subcontractors.
- Ensure facility compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines. i.e., GMP, ISO 13485 MDD and FDA requirements.
- Supervise Facilities staff to provide prioritization and oversight of daily tasks and longer term projects. Includes recruiting, training, identification of professional development needs and completion of performance appraisals.
- Participate in industry meetings, conferences and associations to stay updated on new business developments and technology changes.
- Minimum 10 years in facilities engineering with 5 years facilities management, including clean room manufacturing or life science experience.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Operations, Construction Management or technical discipline.
- Experience building and leading facilities teams which support clinical and commercial products.
- Successful experience in strategic planning, risk management, and project execution.
- Successful experience working against deadlines in a team environment. Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed to support deployment of new systems, bring up new facilities, and meet business unit needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets, and Access, Progress and Sequel databases.
- Understanding of GMP, ISO 13485, MDD, OSHA and WHSA requirements, as applicable to this position.