Developer Operations/Software Build and Deployment Engineer
Hillsboro, Oregon | Contract
Position Title: Developer Operations/Software Build and Deployment Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Hillsboro, OR.
- The main duties are building, configuring, and maintaining software releases and components in a distributed computing environment (primarily Linux based clusters).
- Work activities include: creation and execution of automated software build and deployment scripts, deploying software releases across multiple clusters, creating monitoring tools for a distributed computing environment, configuration management, and building a continuous integration environment for several development teams.
- Must have experience in software build/release/deployment automation, cloud orchestration, software configuration management, and continuous integration practices.
- Specific technology experience desired: Overall 7 - 10 years’ experience
- 3 to 5 years’ development experience with Linux such as CentOS
- Experience with Docker or other OS level virtualization software
- 2+ years’ experience with automated release and deployment tools such as Ansible
- 1-2 years’ development experience with Python.
- Experience with Kubernetes is required.
- Familiarity with OpenStack, Scala, and CouchBase are preferred.
- Must have 4-year degree in related field or CS, IT, Engineer, etc.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.