Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: DevOps Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA. We’ re looking for a DevOps Engineer with Enterprise software deployment experience.
- Inviting candidates with 3-4 years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer with experience around deploying custom software using Chef and Python.
- Good at packaging enterprise software and deploying infrastructure as code.
- Bachelor’ s in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years in industry experience
- Solid experience writing software in Python and also packaging enterprise software Knowledgeable about CI/CD concepts: Jenkins, Nomad, Travis CI Strong professional background testing under Linux/Unix Extensive knowledge of Jenkins and Jenkins API Experience with Git and Jenkins Chef and Ruby experience Open to learn and Automate upgrades, Patching, cloning of Oracle Primavera application or similar enterprise softwares .
- Maintained and improved automation infrastructure jobs and workflows Should also be open to learn and support enterprise software like Primavera production software Experience automating deployment on Databases like MySQL or any other DB would be preferred
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Apache Spark clustering, HDFS Prior experience administering Enterprise systems or databases preferably oracle will be a plus
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.