Hillsboro, Oregon | Contract
Position Title: DevOps Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Hillsboro, OR.
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our growing DevOps team within our client’ s Labs Division. This team supports the design, maintenance, upkeep, and improvement of our critical business systems. THey support mission critical systems that are central to the client’ s success and have a direct impact on the abilities of our products to keep our customers secure.
You will work with Developers, QA teams, DevOps teams, and Program Managers to design and implement repeatable processes and practices. You will be responsible for day to day upkeep and maintenance of our core business systems, deploying/developing an orchestration pipeline, further developing our automation, and troubleshooting systems/services as needed.
- Design, implement, document and constantly improve tools and automation to deploy and promote code, configuration, and security across the different tiers of the operational environment
- Aid in design and deployment of service monitoring, reporting, and alerting to industry standard.
- Evaluate process effectiveness by tracking and monitoring metrics.
- Participate in identifying and evaluating tools and solutions needed to address areas for improvement in operational deployment pipeline and automation realm.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify constraints and solve problems rigorously.
- Collaborate with QA to ensure high quality of released software.
- Collaborate with corporate IT to ensure applications and services are on the appropriate platforms.
- Evangelize, promote and aid the transition to DevOps as a best practice to existing Engineering & Operations teams.
To excel in this position you must be passionate about quality, security, and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good process and industry best practices.You are an adept problem solver and thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment offering rich learning opportunities.
Your skill set will include:
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration (2008-2016) at an experienced level
- A proven history designing and delivering data driven environments
- Working within VMWare tools
- Basic coding/scripting skills
- Familiarity with configuration management software
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Great communications skills
- Other skills that will help you along
- Linux (RedHat/CentOS) at an experienced level
- Basic Networking Skills
- MongoDB, Hadoop, and MySQL
- Active Directory
- Minimum Education: BS Degree in Technical area of study
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.