Desktop Support Specialist
Ukiah, California | Contract
Position Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Ukiah California for an experienced Desktop SUpport Specialist:
- Uses Ted’ s ticket management system to accurately log & track issues and communicate with customers
- Supporting the Service Desk team to ensure IT calls are logged, progressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Owning tickets from logging to resolution, seeking advice and expanding your own knowledge when necessary to resolve issues
- Primarily end user support in a Windows based environment but will be supporting 3rd party applications which they will get training on Active Directory essential
- Citrix experience a benefit
- Chasing suppliers, colleagues, our customers and updating tickets
- Strong customer service skills required for this role.
- Taking calls, remote support via LogMeIn, dealing with non-technical customers and executives
- Ensuring tickets are not breaching SLA’ s and proactively managing open issues
- Taking responsibility for the 1st line desk to ensure smooth running
- On Call Incident management and weekend duties (roughly 1 in 4)
- Observing IT processes, procedures and standards
- Manage the historical backlog of tickets to reduce to the lowest number at all times
- Develops the Ted Baker IT knowledgebase with detail customer-facing documentation to a high standard ensuring an increasing portion of tickets are resolved using the KB.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.