Deployment Manager - MPK
Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Deployment Manager MPK
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
The Deployment Project Manager is responsible for driving the full cycle of design, scheduling and deployment of IT Equipment. This includes audio visual and video conferencing systems, printers, digital wayfinding, production events spaces, specialty demo spaces and more. The DPM partners with facilities and IT to ensure the effective deployment of innovative spaces that help drive collaboration and communication company wide. In addition, the project management component includes project leadership, planning, execution, control, financial responsibility and post-project review.
Leads the strategic design, procurement, deployment and commissioning of IT gear in Facebook office builds, including the verticals of: Video Conferencing, End-User IT equipment, Events production gear, Digital Wayfinding, and Specialized IT Systems Attend design build meetings & work collaboratively across organizations.
- Regularly measures and monitors project progress to identify variances. Make needed corrections, including design drawings, timelines, scope, and standards Detailed financial tracking, including budget, purchase orders, invoices and variances
- Accountable for providing the Project Sponsor and stakeholders with a routine status of the Builds project, actively communicating technical issues and risks, and minimizing the impact of these issues and risk Coordinates with Facilities, Engineering, and CorpNet on overall project timelines, dependencies, and risk/issues
Technical Design and Deployment:
Apply company standards in determining the design, bill of materials, and drawings for new offices Use drafting software to markup architectural drawings with electrical symbols Consult with Design Engineering/SMEs for non-standard spaces Engage with third party vendors for hardware procurement, scheduling, and integration Project Manage onsite integration of IT equipment Remove roadblocks for technicians on site during deployment Perform testing and commissioning handovers with third party vendors
- 5 years of experience in managing multiple, complex, projects
- 3+ years of project management experience preferred
- 1 year of experience with CAD, Vectorworks or other drafting software Budget and Cost management experience Experience with construction drawings and schematics Experience with typical office technologies; Cisco, Polycom, Clear One, Crestron, Bi-Amp, HP, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of audio & video signal flow Basic understanding of networking
Ability to work effectively across multiple teams in a time sensitive capacity Self-motivated & highly adaptable, able to work autonomously Excellent written and verbal communication skills Highly organized with strong attention to detail Excellent time management skills
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.