Pleasanton, California | Contract
Position Title: Data Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Pleasanton, CA.
- Design and build facts, dimensions, snapshots, SCDs in Redshift using SnapLogic
- Create data models and perform performance tuning
- Develop ETL and implement best practices for ETL development
- Create ETL piplelines that are highly optimized with very large data sets
- Work effectively using scrum with multiple team members to deliver analytical solutions to the business functions.
- Solve issues with data models and come up with solutions
- Prior experience working with AWS, S3, Redshift
- Preferred experience with SnapLogic data integration
- Prior experience in designing data models with Salesforce, Marketo, or other sales & marketing tools
- Experience in designing Data Warehouse from various data sources such as Salesforce, adobe analytics
- Very comfortable in designing facts, dimensions, snapshots, SCDs for Sales, Marketing, etc
- Communication Skills: Data Engineers are part of a team, working with database administrators, data analysts and management and need to be effective communicators.
- Attention to Detail: Databases are complex, and a minute error can cause huge problems.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Data Engineers look at an issue that needs to be solved and come up with solutions quickly.
- Growth Learner: desire to continue to learn about where the BI industry is going and cloud technology.
- 5+ years of experience with large scale data warehouse projects
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent is required
- Experience working with APIs to collect or ingest data.
- Strong Database knowledge, Redshift preferred
- Demonstrated academic or professional statistics and math skills
- Experience writing shell scripts and mysql stored procedures
- Ability to create data models, STAR schemas, snowflakes, etc.
- Write complex SQL for processing raw data, data validation and QA
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.