Menlo Park, California | Contract
Position Title: Data Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Work with cross-functional data and products teams and build efficient and scalable data solutions.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build, optimize, launch and support new and existing data models and ETL processes in production.
- Monitor and manage the SLA for all data sets and systems in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure and data engineering teams to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- BE/BTECH/MCA degree (preferred) with a strong academic record
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Linux and shell scripting
- 2+ years hands-on experience in MySQL database administration,
- 2+ implementation and maintenance
- 5+ years hands-on experience in SQL or similar languages and development
- 5+ experience in at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
- Data architecture, data modeling and schema design skills
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience in leading data driven projects from definition through interpretation and execution
- Ability to initiate and drive projects with all stakeholders
- Proactive and preventative solutions mindset a large plus
- Local candidates only
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.