Data Engineer 2
San Francisco, California | Contract
Position Title: Data Engineer 2
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA.
- Help define and drive roadmap for delivery of usage analytics to business stakeholders
- Work with product and business teams to understand data needs, provide in-depth analysis support and share associated business insights
- Perform regular ad-hoc data querying and analysis to better understand customer behaviors including acquisition, engagement, conversion and retention
- Gather, synthesize and interpret disparate quantitative information sources, develop meaningful insights and clearly disseminating to key stakeholders
- Create and update regular reporting based on a variety of data sources
- Understand, monitor, QA, translate, collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure on-going data quality
- At least 1+ years of Mobile and Web analytics exp.
- Experience in a software product company working on SAAS related metrics and dashboards is strongly preferred.
- A strong proficiency in querying and manipulating large data sets for analytical purposes using SQL-like languages Hive / Impala experience preferred)
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills, including use of the PowerPivot add-in
- Familiarity with big data platforms such as Hadoop and Amazon Redshift
- Python knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Good attention to detail and ability to QA multiple data sources
- Desired experience in developing and implementing a full range of analytic techniques resulting from the application of business analytics, statistical models, segmentation techniques, and optimization techniques
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.